Saturday, February 21, 2009

There is an incredible stillness here. I went on my very first hike a few days ago, and stopped many times - to view the incredible scenery and to breathe, because I am so out of shape. The mountains are some of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I am in my element here, and I am so happy that I decided to make this move. The team went on a retreat, all the crew leaders who will be leading teams of their own - up to a cabin near Glacier National Park. We snow shoed around, and I had trouble because I had rolled my ankle playing a silly game - pathetic, right? It is still swollen, but I'm doing my darnest to take care of it. I did a lot of soul searching at the cabin. I learned a great deal about the other leaders, and feel fortunate to have met such an inspiring, down to earth, genuine group of people. I am ecstatic for the experiences we will share together and the ones we will share apart as well with our own teams. I am realizing a great deal about myself and what I need... about what I left behind, what will always remain in my heart, and just really what I'm feeling - it's all a process. But, I will have to cut this short for now - I do not have internet at home so have to come to a small cafe to get wireless and have a great cup of Chai, my favorite. I will write more sometime, unsure as to when. For now, wishing everyone well - all my love to the east coast - I may never come back...

No comments:

Post a Comment