Monday, February 9, 2009



So far, My Dad and I have driven a little over 1,200 miles, through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and am now currently in Nebraska. There are so many things I want to write, but won't remember to - all the thing I've seen, thoughts... so I'll jot down a few for now. The picture is of the huge windmills we drove past. There were fields of windmills and as the sky turned into night, the red lights lit up the fields and the sight was quite creepy - these huge towers looming across flat land. Then we kept driving and the wind was awful, blowing so hard and making it difficult to maneuver the truck, and we passed 3 tractor trailers that had fallen on their sides and were either in the middle or on the side of the road... that was scary. One of them jack knifed and the other two I'm not sure what happened. I kept thinking about tornadoes as they are one of my two greatest fears. On a more positive note, my girlfriends from the elementary school would laugh at this, we saw probably 10-15 hawks perched on a fence on the side of the road, and only a few were flying. It was really neat to see them, and I was amazed how they all seemed to have their own territory and their own spot on the fence. I have not seen this much open, farm land since my last trip out west when I was 10. I always think, Gee, this is what the country should be like... no developments, no cities, just open land. I keep writing places down when I want to look them up, and I haven't yet, but I will. We crossed the Mississippi and didn't even know it... how pathetic is that! Well, that's all for now - nothing too exciting, but just an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment